Big Frannie Fridge Makeover

So one of the drawbacks to living in an older apartment is old appliances. Over time they seem to yellow and look disgusting. I had originally thought about doing a Post-It mosaic to cover the ugly beast, but on second thought neon colored Post-Its don't really go with my apartment. Then I had the brilliant idea to wrap my refrigerator in wrapping paper or at least the front.

There are a couple of things: my "before" picture kind of sucks, I didn't take an intentional before picture, I just happened to have this one on my computer. But you get the gist of its former glory. I initially taped on the wrapping paper with Scotch tape. I then sealed the edges with black Duct tape. I mod podged only the colored surface (because I did not want to cover the refrigerator itself with mod podge) of the wrapping paper to make the surface waterproof, not a good result. The mod podge made the paper wrinkle. Because the paper did wrinkle I don't know that I am completely satisfied with the final product. Another thing is the pattern directions are different. When I did the freezer door I found it easier to go across, then I found to do the front door it was easier to put the roll at the top and pull the paper down.

My mom is not a fan of this wrapping paper, but I really like paisley and it doesn't really clash with my kitchen so I figured I would give it a shot. I will be interested to see how long it holds up and how well I like it over time, but it's just wrapping paper, one quick swipe and it's gone! I got this wrapping paper at TJ Maxx, they have a lot of really cute patterns!

Photos courtesy of C. Scharton

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dealing with Difficult Neighbors

Come on baby Light My Fire... Or Not.

Glowing Garage Goodies